Monday, December 19, 2011

Yule and Other Merry Things!

We will be celebrating Yule at Nefer-Per-Netjer on Dec. 21st. Ritual will start at 7 p.m. followed by a spaghetti dinner! We are asking everyone to bring a donation to the Cabot Animal Shelter. If you need ideas, contact me directly. Dress warm and wear good shoes! It will be cool and damp!

As I was putting together the ritual for Yule, I recalled last year's Yule. Will and I lead ritual. We enlarged the Circle last year as Fran had to stay on the porch with Les. She was far too weak and couldn't go without her oxygen. I'll never forget that sight. Later on that evening, Fran told me that she was comforted by what she saw and she was confident that Nefer-Per-Netjer would go on without her. It has.

This year has been a roller coaster. Those who stuck by Trentian and I know just how hard we've worked. And those same folks know how humbling and spiritually fantastic it has been. However, I believe, as a Church, we have ended the high side. We've added two new members and we've gone from 2 in Circle to as many as 25! Trentian and I have worked hard together this year to keep things positive, moving in the right direction and carrying on. Les has been there, right beside us, pushing us forward and walking his walk. One of my most memorable sights this year was at Samhain - seeing Les come out of the house in a ritual robe (a first) with his face painted green and a huge smile on his face. "I'm ready!" he said. Beltane Eve night was also fantastic - severe storms surrounded us - yet Nefer was the most beautifully calm place on Earth! Fran has been with us all through this year. In her special way, she makes herself known. We are truly blessed.

I look forward to the coming year with excitement. I said the other day, "The more I get done - the more there is to do!" My calendar is full and I am happy - sometimes I wonder what kept me busy before meeting Fran and becoming a part of Nefer-Per-Netjer. 

I want to thank all of those beautiful folk who have made this past year worth it ALL! We've struggled, we shared tears and laughter, we've had heated discussions, formed new friendships, dealt with good and bad, negative and positive - and we've survived! 

Namaste' and many Yuletide Blessings!

Amaya
)O(

0 comments:

Post a Comment